Monday, July 31, 2006

VINTAGE KNITTING FOR KIDS...LIKE ME!!


I guess I am just a big kid at heart - These are part of my vintage knitting collection. A Jr. Miss Knitting Basket is 6 sided and has some great retro pictures on it! I just had to post all of the sides so that you could see the cool pics!















Below: A 1950's Ponytail case All of these are marked Hassenfeld Bros, Inc. Central Falls, Rhode Island, USA. With a little digging and a lot of luck, I found out that this was the company that eventually became Hasbro. It seems that Henry and Hal Hassenfeld opened their toy business in 1923. In 1968, the company felt it needed a trendier name - so it can up with Hasbro!




A 6 sided child's knitting kit with original plastic knitting needle and other knitting accessories.
















A vintage sewing box - complete with all a little girl needs to sew!

3 comments:

Gail said...

OH! SO cute. I am totally in love with the Jr. Miss Knitting Basket and the sewing kit. Where do you find these??

Miss Kalendar said...

Your vintage collection is beautiful!!!

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

THOSE ARE SO COOL!!!!!!!