Wednesday, July 26, 2006

SOCKS IN THE GARDEN

The gardens are so beautiful this time of year that I just had to take these pictures outside! I love to knit socks and carry a sock project every where I go. I ordered this yarn from jujuknits on Etsy.com a few weeks ago - the colors were just too gorgeous to pass by. I know that the blue/green socks are a little bright but on a happy bubbly kind of day, I might just break them out with my Birkenstocks and jeans.



The pink/brown socks are Knitty.com's Thuja sock pattern - a really fast knit that always looks great no matter the yarn. The blue/green socks are from Sensational Knitted Socks-the Elongated Corded Rib. I love this book because I can pick any yarn and any sock pattern that I like and add the pattern by choosing a 3, 4, 5, or 6 stitch repitition for cables, basketweave, lace, etc....

2 comments:

Zonda said...

Wow! Nice socks there! I've done the Thuja's before and have yarn for a few more pairs!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors! Your garden is beautiful.