Friday, July 21, 2006

ROAR!!!!


Finally the Dale of Norway baby sweater is done! TA DA! I got a great deal on ebay for 6 skeins of red baby ull - so I decided to make the largest size sweater possible in order to use all the yarn. Size 3T on #2 needles. Then I got the idea that I could take a Debby Bliss teddy bear pattern and make it into a lion to match the sweater. Somewhere in my tortured knitting mind, the toy lion needed a sweater and a paw print on the sweater to match. Actually I love doing the color work for the Dale children's patterns.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab job on the sweater, it look so cute! :)

Busymom51 said...

OMG - How cute is that?!!! I want one!

turtlegirl76 said...

Wow! How cute is that?? I love the lion! The one on the sweater and the toy one as well. How cute!

Zonda said...

Too cute! Great job on both of them! :)

Batty said...

I always like looking at your FO's because they're all so darn cute. A toy lion and a lion sweater, how much cuter could it possibly get?

Anonymous said...

Squee! Too cute to be true! What a lovely idea to make a lion with an awesome sweater.

Hannah said...

That lion is TOO cute!

Gail said...

Adorable, what a great idea!