Monday, July 03, 2006

YARN HO + BOOK WORM = TOO MANY PROJECTS!!

My new favorite book to share with darling daughter! Sunday we sat in our PJs and made modular knitting bags with my stash of sari silk.


I have been a book worm for as long as I can remember. A new Nancy Drew Mystery was way better on a hot summer afternoon than anything I could have done outside. I have a lot of cookbooks, gardening books, reading books, and now a whole lot of knitting books! Yahoo!
But there is one problem - this afternoon I went upstairs to get a skein of baby ull for my latest Dale of Norway baby sweater and noticed "Folk Vests", which reminded me that I have 1200 yards of the most gorgeous blue Bartlett wool to make a vest for my hubby. Next thing I knew - 2 hours had passed and all of my knitting books had been pulled to the floor and every vest pattern had been marked for further review. Another hot summer afternoon, spent lolligaggling with a bunch of books - seems that I haven't changed much!
(By the way - not pictured are the large pile of knitting books I keep under the coffee table in the living room and the numerous ones stashed in my knitting bag)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, I'm taking your advice and leaving you a comment! I'm also a bookworm and can spend hours looking through books I've practically memorized already. There's just something about the printed word, isn't there? By the way, you live in one georgeous place!

Abigale said...

Hi from another bookworm - I pulled out about 10 books from my book stash last night trying to figure out what my next lace project is going to be. It's fun! One thing I haven't seen is people flashing their book stashes... Maybe someone should post a challenge up on the Knitty Board or something?

I've been knitting since I was just a kid, and have been collecting books for at least 20 years now (man that makes me sound old - I'm not!!!)

BTW - I started a crocheted bag after all that!

Have fun!

Abi

Fidget said...

'nother bookworm here! I've been collecting books since I was a kid too, and I *am* old! :o) Most of my knitting books are vintage. I have a favorite used book store, you see, and they nearly always have something interesting...

Fidget said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hannah said...

Looks like a good collection! I especially love No Idle Hands!