Thursday, July 13, 2006

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE BABY

The Good
It is always a good day when the mailman honks his horn. Packages!! YIPPEEEEE! They are always for me and always filled with yarn and knitting goodies!












The Bad
It took me forever to get to the mailbox - bad day with the vertigo.

The Good
Knitpicks new Option Needles - I ordered them a la carte - so that I could try them first. Plus some Knitpicks sock yarn on sale - Who could pass up the opportunity to make more socks?
On the right is the yarn that I ordered from ETSY just 2 days ago. Lovely homemade merino sock yarn --YUMMMMMM!!
Of course the new needles and the new yarn gave me an excuse to sit and knit this afternoon! Options needles knit like butta! Note to self - Must buy more!







And last, but not least, our baby robin is no longer so ugly. He is starting to look more like a baby everyday. He peeps everytime his momma comes near the nest! We spend a lot of time in this area of the garden, so mom and dad robin are used to us being around baby. I waited until they flew off for breakfast to snap this shot!

2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Pretty sock! I'm so envious of the needles but I just can't afford that expense right now. I suppose I could do what you did...a la carte. Hmm...

Anonymous said...

Love the yarn! I am tempted to order some of those needles.