Monday, July 30, 2007

MONKEYS AND MUGGLES...........




Monkey socks from the Knitty.com archives were so much fun to knit. Sockotta cotton/wool blend on size 2 needles were perfect knitting this week with the temps in the 90's. Funky socks to go with my Birkenstocks and Jeans this fall! But......I just got the Interweave's Favorite Socks book and they are just calling my needles to get to work! If you get a chance to peruse this book, you too will fall in love! The prologue makes it sound as if they will be publishing other books in the future with favorite Interweave Knits patterns.
Yes, I am a Potterphile. I admit that I have anxiously awaited each and every book with baited breath and have shared these books with my 2 kids and hubby over the years. It is always a hoot to see who finishes first. Darling Daughter went to Borders at midnight on the release date to get her copy. As her husband is a muggle and does not share the Pottermania, he did not understand why little children were dressed up in pillowcases with pointy ears and long noses (house elfs)! Lyndsay finished in less than 24 hours. I bought my copy a few days later and hubby read every night after I went to sleep - of course he was way too cool to let me think that he was gobbling up every word and staying up until 2:30 am reading! I on the other hand read as much as I could every day but ended up on the couch yesterday after trying to lift a 300 pound patient - put my back into spasms that made some of the torture in The Deathly Hallows seem pleasant. So my hot pad, Harry Potter, and I laid on the couch all day. Kudos to J.K. Rowling for making the last book the best with great twists and turns and the answers to most of the character questions we had all been wondering about! As soon as Darling Son reads it (he is coming home from college today for a few weeks), I will put it away with all of the kids favorite books from childhood to read to my grandbabies someday!













Eye candy from the garden! Lilies are in bloom everywhere and I just had to share a few of them with you!










Some are miniature lilies and some have ruffled edges - they are just gorgeous and add some gorgeous colors to the garden!














4 comments:

Carol said...

I have to admit I am not a Harry Potter fan....but I will say you have the most beautiful lilies...I always love to see peoples gardens..my daughter lives in N Berwick Maine and has wonderful gardens...

Anonymous said...

I finished Harry befor you! Hehehe

Batty said...

I'm a slow reader. For some reason, I find that books lose a lot of detail when I read them faster than dialog/narration speed in a movie. This sure was a problem when I was in grad school, but things worked out anyway.

I think yours are the first Monkeys knit out of self-striping yarn, or at least the first one I've seen. I really like them, it works. Wouldn't have thought it possible, but it really works.

Annie said...

I also loved book 7. I'm sad they're finished, but think she ended the series well!

The flowers look lovely!