Tuesday, July 24, 2007

TOO MANY PROJECTS ON THE NEEDLES


A finished pair of Thuja socks - Knitpicks closeout sock yarn on size 2 needles. I have a family member with ENORMOUS FEET! These will be his Christmas pair of socks - They are so long that they did not fit on my sock forms! Oh well at least this year he won't have to cramp his feet into the socks that I made him and smile like they fit! I was so worried that I wouldn't have enough yarn to finish them properly but.............






I had enough left over for a sweet pair of baby socks - size 6 months! Another thing to add to the baby stash and they are soooooo soft! I have lots of sock yarn leftovers and I am going to turn them all into baby socks! I just can't bring myself to throw out perfectly good yarn - no matter how small the quantity. I am finding myself with loads of half skeins of yarn that is running over my stash - so baby socks should fix that - Maybe?





A preview of the Dale of Norway sweater for me. I have wanted to make this sweater for years but could not justify spending the crazy amount of money on Svale yarn. I found Svale on sale for $3.49 a skein and my credit card was out before I knew it!






Monkey socks in the making! From Knitty.com these socks were just calling my name!
In other news, the backyard walkway projects are coming along nicely. The new grass we planted is coming in and hubby has been so busy with work that we are kind of at a standstill. I wanted to post some pictures but it is raining cats and dogs outside - so another post on another day!
I am working 3 eight hour shifts a week and it is going well. No vertigo but the headaches are coming more often. I just have to take it easy and follow my treatment plan to the letter! But being back to work and doing the job that I love has done my heart and spirit a world of good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome projects! The dale sweater looks amazing, I can't wait to see it done.

Carol said...

Love the sweater and some day I hope to do a dale sweater...I believe it would be a challenge.

Batty said...

Beautiful socks, but that sweater just takes my breath away. Incredibly even tension, the colors are gorgeous, and the pattern is so pretty. I think it'll be another 20 years until I can so much as think of knitting a Dale sweater!