Thursday, July 12, 2007

A SWEATER FOR ME!!!!


YES!!!! Nothing to add to the baby trousseau this week . Instead it is a sweater for me! I know it is hard to believe but I actually made a sweater that is not a present for someone else or to add to the growing baby sweater collection!
Knitting Pure and Simple's Neckdown Wrap Cardigan #263 was a breeze! Size 8 needles with a gorgeous worsted weight home spun yarn. I bought this yarn several years ago at The Maine Organic Farmers Association Fair. I just could not bring myself to knit it because it is so beautiful and soft. I have just lovingly stroked it every time I would peruse my stash.
I tried desperately to make this into a Dale of Norway sweater but it was not to be. I had to break my own heart and send it back to the frog pond. This yarn demanded simple lines and straight knitting to show off the gorgeous multi-colors that had been spun into it. (It looks so much better on me but noone was home to take a picture - the hanger will have to do!)
Hubby is disappointed - he had coveted this yarn since I bought it and hoped it would end up in his handmade sweater collection but alas it is mine - all mine!!!!!!

2 comments:

Zonda said...

Pretty sweater and yarn! Good for you, you certainly deserve one of your own! :)

Batty said...

It's beautiful, and I love the subtle shading of the yarn! Now that you know the pleasure of owning some of your own handknits... knit more stuff for yourself! I know you can't really wear it at work, but you deserve lots and lots of pretty things anyway.