Sunday, March 04, 2007

BRINGING HOME BABY BOY


Here is Dale of Norway NR 135-#13505 - my bringing home baby boy set. A few weeks ago, I finished the bringing home baby girl set and needed to knit up something baby blue. Knit on size 1 knitting needles, this set was a breeze. Time consuming - but worth every minute! Baby Ull makes this outfit sooooo soft that I want one.
I love the Baby Ull yarn for it's softness and the color palette doesn't change. Dale of Norway is great at keeping their baby yarn the same every year so that you don't have to run out and buy a different shade of red for the new designs.
After showing off my grandbaby trousseau to a dear friend, she kindly pointed out that most of the knitting I had done was mainly for boys ---so I am on a new kick to find Dale baby girl sweaters and dresses and they will be coming along in the future!
My vertigo is still keeping me from driving for very long so I totally missed the Korner Knitter's biannual 25% off sale! My favorite yarn store, Korner Knitters in Standish, Maine has the greatest selection of yarns and the nicest yarn gals you would ever want to meet. Maybe by October, I will be able to drive an hour to get there for their next sale! In the mean time, I continue my yarn diet - I have refrained from yarn stashing (except for one lonely ball that I needed to finish a project) since mid December! I think that hubby will just have to take me yarn shopping soon - Enough is Enough!!!!!

5 comments:

Annie said...

You never cease to amaze me! I love it- and am in awe of your complete embrace of minuscule needles!

Batty said...

How wonderful! Now you'll have the best-dressed grandkid ever, whether it's a boy or a girl!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I wish I had known about that sale. I would have driven north this weekend and picked you up, we could have spent an obcene amount of money!!

Anonymous said...

Not to worry Sue, I think Korner Knitters has a sale in July also.

Carina said...

You've been more than good enough. For freakin' cute girl patterns, though, check out SmartWool from Sandnesgarns (like Dale but next country over). I have to make something for my daughter out of one of the three kids' pattern books I have.