Thursday, March 15, 2007

KITTIES WITH GEMSTONE COLLARS - WAY TOO CUTE!!

Kitties with gemstone collars on a size 2T kids sweater!! I put 2 patterns together and got this really cute sweater. I started with Sandnes Barn book 0308 - Sweater with Ruffles and added the fair isle kitties from Sadnes Design Nr 34.

Isn't it sweet - Knit in Knit Picks Merino Style yarn in Petal Pink. Size 4 needles (whew - glad to be off of the size 0 and 1's for a change!) I love the ruffles on the sleeve and the seed stitch rows.
I found the collar strings of dark pink gemstones at WalMart. I knew that I had to add them for perfect contrast and just the right touch to make this a girly-girly sweater.

6 comments:

Batty said...

OK, it needs to be said: I'm 30 years old, and I'd wear that! It's lovely. The color, the kitties, the gemstone collars... adorable.

Zonda said...

Well I'm a bit older than Batty..just a bit ;) and I would love to wear that too!! Another great wee sweater of yours! Just beautiful! :)

April said...

This is the cutest sweater ever. :) you do great work!

Anonymous said...

So lovely:)

Im from Norway, stavanger not far from Sandnes...

Have a nice weekend:)

Vouray said...

Cute as a button!

Annie said...

Good GOD woman!! You are truly amazing. Every time I pop over to see what you've done... wow. I mean, in the time it takes me to vacuum, you seem to turn out a perfect layette knit on needles smaller than toothpicks!
And this is SO cute!! Fantastic!