Tuesday, February 13, 2007

WHAT THE HECK IS A TOQUE?


This is a Toque, a type of Norweigan hat with a knot at the top. How cute is that? In my adventures to knit up at least part of my stash, I came across this multicolored dk yarn and found exactly the right pattern for it!


Sandnes Barn 0308. This cute raglan sleeve sweater, size 2T, was a fun knit on size 4 needles.

The hat just had to be made once I saw the sweater finished! I also have enough yarn leftover for a cute pair of 2T socks but I think those will have to wait for another day - your eyes can only take so much of the bright colors!

Back to the stash knitting. 8 weeks and I have only bought one skein of yarn that I needed to finish a project. Hubby is amazed and wonders when the yarn packages will start arriving in the mail - Little does he know all my hiding places for my stash!

4 comments:

Batty said...

I love the bright colors! Great hat 'n' sweater!

Anonymous said...

I love the hat, and the colors combined with the sweater, makes this a fresh outfit.

Zonda said...

That sure is bright! Your poor eyes! But they are awesome!! Nice job! :)

Annie said...

VERY cute hat!! Love the sweater, too- I can see why your eyes would need a rest!! :)