Saturday, February 03, 2007

BRINGING HOME BABY GIRL.....

Another gorgeous baby sweater and hat to add to the grandbaby trousseau!! Dale of Norway NR164-#16412. The softest baby pink yarn from Lanette, knit on size 0 and 1 needles. This sweetie-pie raglan cardigan and cap are for a newborn and hopefully someday (way in the future!), we will bring home a beautiful baby grandaughter in this adorable outfit.

This is the tiniest little thing that I have ever made - But oh, so worth it . The picture does not do it justice!


PS My children understand that in no way is this a hint to jump on the grandbaby train - They know that I will have much more time to play with the grandbabies if I am not knitting! Look for "Bringing Home Baby Boy" outfit soon!

11 comments:

Zonda said...

That is gorgeous!! You'll have one lucky grandbaby! Yikes, the size needles you had to use!!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, and my favorite color!!
What lucky grandchildren you will have someday.

Batty said...

How beautiful!

But I don't buy the 'no pressure to produce grandbabies' thing. Sorry, I just don't. When the husband and I had been dating for just one year, his mother took me aside and showed me a cute little baby doll with black curls. She collects dolls. She let me know that she'd like a grand kid who looks like that.

So... sorry, but I don't think there are absolutely no ulterior motives. : )

KNIT A NEW DREAM said...

DD and DSIL and I have had many discussions about when they will start a family - the subject comes up frequently as they would love to have a baby but have many more things to do before starting a family. They know that I support whatever decisions they make and would never push. They think that it is cute that I knit for future grandbabies and know that there is no pressure from me at all.

knitting-cat said...

That is adorable. Who saysyou have to share it with your kids?

Share with us instead.

Ruth said...

That's just beautiful! Well done.

Anonymous said...

That's the CUTEST thing I've seen!!! Beautiful! you have such patience w/those size needles! I can barely do socks on them without freaking out.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous gorgeous work. Such a lovely pattern. She'll be a lucky little girl, whenever she arrives.

Batty said...

Baby knitting and no pressure -- you're amazing! May we adopt you as an honorary in-law? : )

Jen said...

okay... way too cute. and maybe someday you will have some cute grandbabies to fill them out. No pressure, of course!

Carina said...

That is freakin' gorgeous! Oooh, I want one! Just kidding--we're done. :-)