Wednesday, February 07, 2007

KNITTING THE STASH....


I know, I know - we all say it. I need to stop buying yarn and use my stash! Well I am on week 7 of no yarn acquisitions and it is painful.
I bought this pattern and yarn last year for a vest for hubby-poo. I had kind of pushed it aside because it was just knitting in the round with no interesting fair isle or cable work. But in the scheme of things, it turned out pretty good! Hubby loves it and has already worn it several times.
I have had a lot of doctors appointments and it was great to have some simple knitting to take in the car and for the waiting room. Great pattern! Encore worsted yarn on size 8 needles was a great break from all of the tiny needles I have been using of late! Maybe I can make another one because hubby loves it so much - Goodness only knows that I have enough yarn!

6 comments:

Batty said...

That looks great!

And I admire you for knitting your stash. I'm trying, but oh, is it hard!

Zonda said...

Nice job! I bet it was fun to use bigger needles too! I like Encore yarn, just wished I could get it locally (not 1 hr away!)

Fidget said...

Very nice. And I'm late to the party... but "Bringing Home Baby" is the sweetest, daintiest thing i've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Great vest! I really like Encore worsted, it's one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Could a woman wear that pattern?
It is very nice and I can see why your hubby likes it. Fiberfool from knitty

KNIT A NEW DREAM said...

I don't see why a woman couldn't wear the pattern with a few adjustments for busty ladies. Sue