Tuesday, November 07, 2006

IT'S GETTING MIGHTY COLD HERE IN THE MOUNTAINS........



With the temperatures here in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, dipping into the teens at night - I decided to put a little warmth on the needles!
Reynolds Odyssey Pattern #82226 is a great knit! The diagonal stitching on the cuffs was a breeze to do and sure look gorgeous in this yarn. Stampato Extra - 100% Merino makes these mittens so soft and warm. I tried them out this morning with a walk in the garden.


I came across this Paton's Rumor Yarn on Sale at the Korner Knitters in Standish Maine. Hi Guys!(They follow the blog). I bought 2 skeins with no idea what to do with it but hubby chimed in that it would make a luxurious scarf - Okay, I'll give him the right part just this once!











This yarn is an Alpaca blend and is so soft! On size 10 needles it worked up quickly! I found the pattern on the Yarn Harlot Blog and it was just a repeat of 4 stitches!

4 comments:

Carina said...

Lovely! That Stampato is nice yarn. Those mittens will keep you warm. You get so much done. I'm jealous--I'm still binding off my shawl.

Mag said...

The diagonals on those cushy mittens really make them special, not your run-of-the-mill mittens. The stitch pattern on the scarf has total visual appeal. Good job! Stay warm!

Zonda said...

Nice mittens and scarf, love the yarns!

Batty said...

Gorgeous! The mittens and the scarf look great. And warm. I love, love, love warm (extremely low blood pressure will do that to a body).