Wednesday, November 22, 2006

DINOSAURS........



A cutie dinosaur sweater for the grandbaby trousseau! A eweCANknit pattern #015 Dinosaur Fairisle knitted in Encore Worsted Yarn (superwash because this is a size 2T - Can't you just see the sticky little hands now?) Size 7 needles for the fastest fairisle knit in a long time. I thought I would take a little break from the Dale of Norway patterns on size 1 and 2 needles. How cute is this?



I think the dinosaurs need a little more color - Colored spots maybe? What do you think?



Last week, JoAnns had a sale on beads and I went a little nuts. Hubby was great about the bucks I dropped on my evergrowing bead stash. I threw a few pairs up on ebay because I could never use all of the stitch markers I make. It is good therapy for me - when I need a break from knitting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Love the Dino sweater-- you're right, could use some pizazz in the fairisle! Wonderful all the same.

Love,
DD

Batty said...

I really love the dinosaurs, they look great as is. Maybe if you gave each a yellow eye? Or embroidered on some scales?

I can't think of many ways to change this without ripping, which would be a pity.

Zonda said...

Another awesome sweater! Nice work! I agree with Batty, embroider the scales with a bit of color, that could add a bit!

The stitchmarkers are lovely also! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe how fast you knit, I have been working on a Dale sweater now for about, oh, 6 months!
I love the stitch markers.

Annie said...

Those are gorgeous markers! I keep meaning to make some. Tiffany from Mixed up Beauty sent me some gorgeous ones, and now I'm spoiled!

I think the dino's look great as is, but I suppose you could dup st. some green, maybe?