Thursday, June 22, 2006

PRETTY PLEASE..............


Okay -- so it has been more than 8 weeks of vertigo. I feel like I am on the deck of a boat, sometimes the waves are 2 feet high and at other times the waves are 15 feet high. The world is in a constant motion and I cannot regain my balance. It is worse when I am in crowds or when there are bright flourescent lights above. I wake up in the morning with the bed rocking and spend the rest of my days just praying for it to STOP! The Ear Nose and Throat doctor has run all of his tests - no diagnosis. The Neurologist has run tests - no cause there: my brain is perfect. My Primary Care Physician (who I know is the best in the world, I work as an ICU nurse in the hospital where she practices. I see the care that she gives and noone could possibly care more about their patients or give better care)has run all of her tests and still no known cause or treatment.
I have been waiting for an appointment at Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary and finally got a date for July 20. Lucky me - I asked to be put on a cancellation list in case there were any openings - I GOT NEXT FRIDAY AT 1:00!!!
I promise that if they can fix this -
1. I will never take my health for granted again
2. Everyday, I will take great joy in being independent!!
3. I am going to drive my car and sing for a month about it!
4. I will return to the job that I love and put every ounce of joy and love into being a nurse!!
5. I will have a new found empathy for my patients
6. I will never miss Knitting Night in Portland again!
So I am throwing this wish out into the heavens - Pretty Please....find a cure for what I have!!!

1 comment:

Busymom51 said...

Sue,
I'm pulling for you! Can't wait to see you up and around and headed for P-town to meet up with us SnB'ers! Keep your sense of humor, hon! It'll get you through anything!
Love,
Mary Ann