Sunday, June 25, 2006

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!




I love to collect vintage knitting and sewing items. My favorite tape measure is the kangaroo with baby in her pouch. When you pull the joey's head, the tape measure comes out.
My latest treasure is a sewing kit(the small vacumm on the left)that looks like an old vacumm cleaner. I found it in an antique shop and the owner thought that I was absolutely out of my mind to be so excited. When you open it there are needles, safety pins, thread, and a thimble. How cute is that! The Hoover is a tape measure! I will post the rest of my collection on a Flickr badge soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love them! I would have gotten excited too. The kangaroo is my favorite.

Busymom51 said...

Sue,
You're so Retro... and that's a good thing!
Mary Ann