Thursday, June 07, 2007

ALL MY WORKS IN PROGRESS......

Socks and a baby sweater on the needles. Hubby found some sock yarn at a sweet little shop in Lancaster, NH - Scarlet Yarn. Amanda, the owner of the shop, spent a lot of time with us and hubby decided that he just had to have a pair of socks from this yarn! Getting picky hubby is - we'll see.
A Dale of Norway baby sweater started but it will be a while before this is done. Size one needles - 304 stitches - seed stitch! Need I say more?


The gardens have demanded much of my time lately. 3 years ago, darling daughter got married at the house and hubby and I seriously overdid the whole garden thing. Now we spend a lot of our time in the spring and summer planting, weeding, and simply enjoying the multiple gardens we have created. This is the entryway to the house which lies between the barn and the door - Loads of annuals and perrenials here!




One of my favorite hanging baskets - this plant hooks onto the trellis work and just grows and flowers all summer! Sorry - can't remember the name of it!




One of the small fairy gardens. Different size irises, begonias, ginger, and hostas surround this fairy bird bath.



I have also increased my work schedule to three 8 hour shifts a week. There are no hours available in the ICU so I am working on the Medical-Surgical Unit. I worked there for 4 years before going to the ICU and it is just a miracle to be able to take care of patients again!
I have also been teaching a course on reading ECGs. The cardiac rhythm course is a really good chance to review and I love teaching. It has been really time consuming putting together the program and teaching tools but so far so good. I have taught 2 classes and will teach 3 more. Feedback has been good and I have been asked to take on more and more responsibilities as the Medical Surgical Unit takes on the Telemetry Interpretation role. Good thing I knitted this felted bag while I was out sick - It carries all of my teaching goodies. Say HOORAY for my continued progress with the silent migraine/vertigo saga. I have not had any problems with it at work but do get small doses of head pain and vertigo at home from time to time. I couldn't be happier - everything is looking pretty good right now!

5 comments:

Carol said...

I look at your pictures and get so homesick for New England..green trees and flower gardens.....they are lovely...

Zonda said...

Good news for you!! Love the bag and at least you have a small WIP pile! ;)

Batty said...

Wow. This is wonderful. It looks like you're slowly getting your life back. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Love your gardens!
Size one needles in seed stitch? Good luck! I bet it will be fabulous when it's done though.
I am so glad to hear about your vertigo getting better.

Anonymous said...

Hey! You've been keeping busy. I really enjoy your blog. I can't wait to see your finished socks. It was a pleasure meeting you. I don't think I have your regular email but I have a knitting contest schedule I would like to send to you.
Amanda- ScarletYarn@verizon.net