Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I HAVE GOT TO BE CRAZY!

Patternworks is having a "Knit and Crochet Challenge" Afghan. So I, in my infinite desire to drive myself crazy, have decided to take on the challenge. Yes, I crochet - but prefer to knit. The design must be original and be both knit and crocheted. It must be made up of 7" x 9" blocks joined in the technique of your choice. The finished size can be up to 50" x 60". The whole deal has to be made with Encore Worsted Yarn and must be turned in by November 16 ( yes this year). The hardest part is that they send you a kit with 5 different Encore Yarns and you must incorporate these colors into your afghan! You have no choice in even 1 color - I asked! So here is what they sent me for colors - In order from left to right.
1. Green (I don't even think so it is more the color of peuce!)
2. Beige (Okay I can live with that one)
3. Wine
4. Orange (Orange, Peuce, and Wine? May the force be with me!)
5. Rainbow (which would be fine if only all these other colors were part of the rainbow colorworks!)



Dale of Norway baby sweater with 8 3/8 " of seed stitch - 304 stitches. What was I thinking? I have got to be crazy! I have a little over 4" done.

4 comments:

Batty said...

Wow. This is going to be the Hippie-licious afghan from the late 60's/early 70's! The "green" and the orange in particular look like stuff my parents put on me when I was a kid.

On the other hand, if someone can make this work, it's you. Good luck!

Carol said...

You can do it and I will bet it will be gorgeous when your done...

Busymom51 said...

If anyone can pull those colors together into some GOR-geoous, it would be you! Can't wait to see the final result.

Hope we can get together soon! We've got so much catching up to do!
Mary Ann

Annie said...

Groovy, baby. I don't envy you that task! Good luck- if ANYONE can do it, you can!!