Monday, April 02, 2007

PEACHY KEEN..........

I know - another Dale of Norway but you must admit that this is so sweet! Dale of Norway NR 142 - pattern #14206 - size 24 months. Knit on size 0 and 1 needles (my Knitpick Options make the knitting glide), this sweater and cap set just had to be added to the baby trousseau.

I love the fair isle pattern. I held up the colors prior to knitting and just didn't think that the khaki color would work but it blends nicely!
This pattern was a fairly easy knit except for a few rows that called for using 3 colors in the same row. I love fair isle knitting with 2 colors per row but adding the third color was very challenging.

I am not a big fan of pom poms but this hat just called for one! I can't wait to see what it looks like on a grandbaby.

8 comments:

Batty said...

That is just beautiful! I love your color choices, and your FI work is impeccable. Any grandkids of yours will be the best-dressed babies, toddlers, kids ever.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks great. You're inspiring me to finish mine!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet cardi! You did a great job on the fair isle and the colors look beautiful together.

Carol said...

I love your sweater. I have always wanted to try to do one and now I am inspired to do so. all I need now is to find the pattern--

Zonda said...

That is just too cute! Awesome job! :)

Jessie said...

What a gorgeous set! I'd love a big-person version for myself!

Fidget said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Carina said...

That is just lovely. You have quite the hope chest going. ;-)