Wednesday, April 18, 2007

SOCKS!!! TA DA.............


The latest pair of socks in the "I must knit all of my sock yarn before I can buy anymore" saga. Oh, how hard not to buy sock yarn! It just calls to me everytime I enter a yarn store.
This is my first attempt at knitting with a yarn made with some elastic. I had a terrible time getting started because this yarn did not want to be the socks that I wanted it to be. I must have tried 6 different patterns before going back to the simpler stitches that allowed the yarn to show itself off.

This is Trampoline Stretch yarn made by Skacel. The picture does not do the yarn colors justice - they are so bright and interesting.
These are knitted on size 3 needles from a pattern in Sensational Knitted Socks. Twin Rib is a 6 stitch repeat sock and is a great knit! I love this book and just received More Sensational Knitted Socks ( more wonderful stitches and patterns to choose from). I just love these books and wish every sock owner could magically find them in their knitting stash right now. Simple directions and lots of choices - my kind of knitting book!
Off to work on the latest pair of socks - TaTa for now.....

2 comments:

Carol said...

I just love your socks. I too am drawn to knit socks all the time. I just sent a pair of CTH socks to Pam at Lulah knits. She has posted them on her site. I did the baby cable pattern from Senstional Knitted Socks. This book is a must have for all sock knitters. I just received another one "Knitting on the Road" and plan to start socks from that one. I thought I would try the New England Socks.

Zonda said...

Very nice!! I'm waiting to get the MSKS soon, very soon ;)