Wednesday, April 11, 2007

PURPLE MUST BE THE COLOR OF THE DAY!

My life has just turned purple lately! I don't know what it means but everything I am knitting is either outright purple or has shades of purple in it?
Dale of Norway - Dalegarn NR 114
#11404 Knit on size 1 needles with Baby Ull Yarn. Size 9 months
I absolutely love the fair isle pansies but don't like this pattern at all. I knit a swatch and the measurements in the book match but it just doesn't have the usual style (?) look(?) that Dale of Norway patterns usually do.

I may just have to crochet loops on the sides of the dress and add a purple ribbon that ties in the back. We will see when grandaughter comes how it looks but I won't make this pattern again. I do love the pansies though except that portions of the fair isle had 3 colors carried through the row. I think I am pretty good at fair isle until you ask me to add a third yarn to the mix - then it takes me forever!

Darling daughter finally got a real cast this week - purple! She is healing nicely and the Xrays look good but she still needs to keep it elevated in order to keep it from swelling.
We got a little carried away with taking this picture - notice the fruit and chocolates. It makes it a little more artsy! Don't you think?

4 comments:

Zonda said...

That is a beautiful dress! Glad to see DD is doing good, neat color cast too! One needs extra chocolates when one is healing too ;)

maryannlucy said...

Aw, that is gorgeous!

DeltaDawn said...

Adorable pansies! I may just have to put them into something I knit! Just lovely - you have some very, very luck kids in your life!

Carol said...

Purple is my favorite color.