Tuesday, January 23, 2007

SAMPLER AFGHAN

My new year's resolution holds with no new yarn purchases. I dug this project out of my UFOs and got interested in it again - I had totally forgotten about this sampler afghan that I had started last fall.
12" x12" squares knitted on size 8 needles make for a quick knit and it is so much fun to try all of the different stitches.
This one is "Quilted Lattice"




The camera didn't pick up the true colors of the yarn - it is a camel color in Encore worsted weight.
I figured it would be easy to wash and care for.



Little Shells








Moss Stitch




Yarn Over Cable




5 squares long and 4 squares wide - Should make for some great snuggling on a cold winter's night.



The 5th square is on the needles - I will update every 4 squares!

3 comments:

Zonda said...

Nice!! Great way to try out new stitches, and I bet nice to knit on larger needles too! :)

Busymom51 said...

I have this same booklet. Maybe you will motivate me to get it out and make something!!! It really came out beautifully!
Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

I had this same booklet some time ago, probably in an older incarnation. But I'd love to find it again and tackle something like that!