Tuesday, January 16, 2007

FAIR ISLE AND FELTING - LIFE DON'T GET NO BETTER THAN THAT

Nicky Epstein's Tote Sweet from Vogue Knitting - Holiday 2006 issue! What a great knit! I love fair isle and felting but never thought to put the two together. This bag turned out great and I made it for my nursing paraphenalia when I get to go back to work. A hopeful project as I still am not any where near ready to return to the ICU but the doc promised to have me back to work by June 1. So here is a ray of a dream, some planning, and a prayer that I may be able to return to my beloved job. It will be so great to pull my stethoscope out of this bag!



Close up of fair isle after felting. One of my New Years Resolutions is to knit my stash down - So I used the colors of Lambs Pride that I already had!










Prefelted - This bag was huge!






I am keeping my other New Year's resolution - I am knitting socks from the stash only - No yarn acquisitions for the new year yet!

6 comments:

Nell said...

My gosh, that bag is beautiful! I love the colours and what skillful fair isle!

Zonda said...

That is a gorgeous bag! You did a wonderful job and it still looks good felted!! I have never seen felted fair isle before! Nice job! :)

Anonymous said...

i am very dissapointed that i will have to steal that bag. It would be much easier for all of us if you had just given it to me... I hope that you understand this has nothing to do with you. Mwahhhh haaa haaa.

Darling Daughter

Batty said...

That bag is beautiful, as is your dream. June 1 isn't so far away. It's a day you can circle in this year's calendar. After months of uncertainty, that's something.

The more I look at the bag, the more I want to knit one. Your FI skills are amazing and the felting is only a design element. In my bag, it'll be used to hide the mistakes!

MadDog Knitting said...

Love the bag, and it helps answer a question I have on fair Isle and felting. I hope to make a felted bag using the "we are pirates" hat pattern. I was concerned that the pattern would be lost in the felting. Your bag shows me that might not happen.

Annie said...

Loving the bag! My aunt has just requested a felted bag- was this in the normal subscriber's issue, or was it something special you needed to buy? I subscribe to VN, but don't remember seeing this pattern. Lovely work!!