Saturday, January 06, 2007

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION...

I am terrible at keeping New Years Resolutions. I always make them an unacheivable goal that never lasts for more than a few days but this year I think that I might actually keep my resolution! I will knit all of my sock yarn!
I find sock yarn irresistable - You know, you head into the yarn store to get a few skeins of yarn to make a specific project and then.......... the stacks of sock yarn beckon you. They call to you with all of their gorgeous colors and self striping promises. What the heck - I can afford to buy one or two more skeins of yarn and they are only for a pair of socks! I throw the sock yarn into my basket and take them home where they sit in my knitting basket until my next purchase of sock yarn. Then these lovely skeins get moved to the HUGE plastic bucket upstairs in my craft room rarely to be seen again.
But not this year! I will revisit that plastic bucket everytime I finish a pair of socks until the sock bin is empty! I think this resolution might last a couple of months before I give out to the latest and greatest sock yarn sale! HEEHEE

2 comments:

Zonda said...

Very nice socks there! :)

Anonymous said...

sock yarn..a weakness we share...i think i'll resolve to use mine up too....