Monday, September 25, 2006

ROAD TRIP!!

Darling hubby and I set off for a long weekend in Vermont this weekend. I was in charge of the map and the new sweater I am making for hubby. We did the usual sightseeing and antiqueing but the yarn shops drew us in. We met a lot of great people on our trip and had a lot of very interesting conversations with the owners of the lovely little antique stores and the yarn shops we visited. The yarn store ladies that we met were absolutely enamored with my hubby's interested in all things knitting! One store owner asked him if he would like to go in the back and watch the football game to which he replied, "No thanks, I would much rather look at the yarn with my wife". He continued to brag about what a wonderful knitter I am and how fair isle knitting is my passion right now. AAAAHHH..got to love a guy who loves yarn.
The first store that we visited was the Whippletree Yarn Shop in Woodstock Vermont. What a great little shop with lots of samples knit up! They had lots of the standard yarns available in most yarn shops but there were a few local yarns that were interesting too. Pleasant employees and a gorgeous window front had me frothing at the mouth to linger a little while longer. I bought a few patterns - the sweet little lamb hat in the window is one of their own and I had to have it!


Another favorite LYS on our trip was The Naked Sheep in Bennington Vermont. The owner of the shop was great and let me take lots of pictures. She has 2 little kids and there is a play area with lots of toys for all to share. A gorgeous roomy store with great lighting and lots of to-die-for yarn! I bought a few patterns and some Brown Sheep Yarn. The Knitting patterns are on turnstyle racks for easy access and lots of ideas. Thanks for the hospitalit
We also visited some other LYS on our trip to Vermont but these were the 2 worth mentioning. A great vacation with lots of foliage, good food, and some quality time with hubby. Alas, the only problem with Vermont was that the antique and oldies but goodies stores didn't have one vintage knitting tote!

5 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Your husband sounds so wonderful! You're a very lucky woman!

Busymom51 said...

Great road trip!! I can't imagine a better way to spend quality time with your hubby.

Anonymous said...

He would rather look at yarn than watch a football game?? Holy Moley, you have to clone that man!!
The yarn shops look fabulous.

LaurieKnits said...

Hi there. I'm a new knitter from NH and found your blog while stumbling around. You are very lucky! I was watching Knitty Gritty and I got the comment from hubby "Wow, that's riveting stuff you're watching there". Then again, I say the same to him about his wrestling & football ;)

Batty said...

Yarrrrn! Actually, those lamb hats are to die for. They are way, way cute.