Wednesday, September 20, 2006

EEK A STEEK!!!!


Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star - It's finished!! Dale of Norway blanket made with Baby Ull yarn in shades of blue and yellow. Won't my (someday) grandbabies look wonderful snuggled up with me in the rocking chair wrapped in this blanket? I love the faces on the stars and moons! Just an FYI - It is Dale of Norway Booklet Nr 110


Lovingly knit in the round on size 2 needles.


The part of fair isle I like the least! Steeking. It still makes my stomach flip everytime I take a pair of scissors to a finished fair isle. I understand the concept but it just breaks my heart to cut through yarn.








I bought this gorgeous light yellow velour to line the back of Twinkle blanket (so no little fingers or toes get caught in the loops.


To the left is the backside - not bad for knitting a little more than a year!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is stunning!

Lucy said...

Wow that really really nice! I love the little stars. One of the most unusual baby blankets I've seen. Great work.

Mrs Siebs said...

That is brilliant!!!! You've done an awesome job!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh la la! What a gorgeous job you did! I'm in shock. I thought, "Blah, blah, baby blanket," but your baby blanket manages to mix drop-dead fabulousness with cuteness.

Size 2? You blessed woman.

Poppins

Trillian42 said...

It's BEAUTIFUL! What lucky grandbabies those will be someday!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had the time and patience to try something so absolutely beautiful for my baby-to-be!

WOW! Just gorgeous!

mandy said...

gorgeous!

ladyfunk25 said...

I am seriously in awe. Your work is beautiful! You are a patient and skilled knitter, not to mention brave (eeek, steeks!). Great job!

wonky said...

It is lovely! I cannot believe you have only been knitting for a year, you have such amazing work! I look forward to your FO posts and enjoy seeing your beautiful colorwork!

Zonda said...

That is gorgeous!! Wow, I would be soo nervous too cutting into it! Size 2 needles Yikes!

Great job!!

Faerynuff said...

You're obviously a natural knitter!

It is beautiful :)

Faerynuff said...

You're obviously a natural knitter!

It is beautiful :)

vanessa said...

that baby blanket is adorable! could you please tell me which dale book it is in?

turtlegirl76 said...

Wait - you've only been knitting for a year?! I had no idea! You're incredible! Get on with your bad-fair-isle-self!

Mag said...

Sheepish.... at first quick glance, I thought it was machine knit. My goodness, what an accomplishment! Beautiful!

Fidget said...

Wow! Perfectly beautiful! And impressive!

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful blanket! Thank you very much for sharing it with us! Your future grandchild is one lucky child already!

Andy in ND

Annie said...

WOW. I wish I had the courage to make that. I'm amazed. Absolutely beautiful!!