Thursday, September 14, 2006

THE LONG WEEK..................

This week has been a very long, long week with little progresss on the knitting front. I am caught in that place, where all of my projects are 80% done but still nowhere near finished. I do this all the time - I seem to synchronize my knitting so that all projects are at the same stage of doneness.
Therefor - you will recieve a little more of my knitting tote collection! TADA!! Don't change the channel - This is really good if you like vintage or if you are a little on the wacky side like me.
The knitting tote to the left is made by Tupperware in 1959 under the name of TupperKraft. It is huge!! 3 feet tall- It looks more like a hamper or garbage can than a knitting tote. AAAAHHH but the holes in the bottom and along the seam give it away - that is where the yarn comes out! I guess someone must have needed a place for about 100 balls of yarn! This is definitely not something to casually tote around with you like the others. I do love the swirls in the plastic - very retro!





On the other end of the scale is a 1960's Tammy (Barbie's friend) knitting holder. It is so tiny! I am always afraid that I will loose it amongst my other knitting goodies. The original set came with a ball of yarn and knitting needles for Tammy.









Okay - I'll give in - Just a little preview! The next Dale of Norway is called Twinkle Twinkle Little Star! Can you guess what it will be?


4 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Wait - that first one is 3 feet tall? Really? Wow. It reminds me of one of those tubey things you use at a bank's drive-through. Very cool.

Is it gonna be a little baby sweater?

Busymom51 said...

Um, might it be a blanket? Ok, I admit I cheated and looked on your Works In Progress chart. It looks bee-yoo-tiful!!!!

KNIT A NEW DREAM said...

DOH!!!!!! Guess I should have checked the progress bars first!

Annie said...

I love these vintage knitting holders you have!!