Thursday, August 24, 2006

WHAT HAVE I BEEN UP TO?





So - I wanted to try out Knitpicks new line of Fall Yarns - I ordered a little bit of everything and am playing with them all. I finished this great little felted Fiber Trends Gelato Bag with Wool of the Andes Bulky in "Impatiens".




This yarn is great! It works up nicelywith 137 yards per skein. Gauge is 3-4 stitches per inch on size 10 - 11 needles. I didn't have a lot of fuzz in the washer or on the bag! YIPPEE!! This is a sample prior to felting. The quality is so good I would not hesitate to knit a bulky sweater out of it either.





A couple of months ago, I went out and bought all the makings for stitch markers but never got around to making any. A friend showed me how to make them this weekend and I have been having a ball playing in beads all week. Hubby came home to a dining room table filled with beading supplies and just rolled his eyes. He simply said, "I guess we will be going to the big city for supplies this weekend?".God bless him!

4 comments:

Zonda said...

Fabulous bag! I just got a skein of that and have been pondering the usage...not anymore! :) Nice work on your stitchmarkers, becareful they are addicting too!

Anonymous said...

I need to order some knitpicks yarns as well. Their new sock yarns look wonderful. I love the stitch markers, they turned out great! I am addicted to making them, too. :)

Deb said...

Love the bag. What colorway did you use?

Busymom51 said...

Gorgeous bag and I love the stitch markers!! Is there no end to your talents??? Hope to see you again soon...I need some more laughter to boost my endorphins!