Thursday, May 17, 2007

LITTLE BOYS AND DRAGONS.................

I may have gone back to work but I am still knitting away. Working 4 hour shifts leaves me plenty of time for knitting the grandbaby trousseau! What will I do when I get back to full time?
(I won't do housework anymore probably!)This is Dale of Norway NR 163 - pattern16308 from the new Fall Dale Collection.

I just had to knit this dragon! I saw it and knew that a little boy would just freak out over a fire breathing dragon - so size 4T. Made out of Dale Falk yarn on size 4 needles, this was a blast to watch grow off of the needles. The dragon is embroidered on after the sweater is finished and the result is just too cute for words!
I also forgot what it was like to work with a knitting needle larger than a size 1 - Projects actually get big fast when you are using a larger needle! Thank goodness for a little break.


I love the flames!

6 comments:

Annie said...

You amaze me. Wow. I am SO impressed!!

Zonda said...

That is fabulous!!! Love it! The flames are neat too! Glad work is going well!!

Carina said...

That is one cool sweater! I wish my son were more into dragons--I've got a tractor and key obsession to deal with. *sigh*

Oh, and I tagged you with the 8 random things dealy. Check the blog for details.

Batty said...

Beautiful! I so have got to make this sweater, I know at least 2 kids who would love it (not to mention their geeky parents).

I'm always impressed by the incredible evenness of your FI work. Heck, the perfection of your work in general. I want to knit like you when I grow up!

Carol said...

You do wonderful work. I don't know how you do it so fast too.

Anonymous said...

That is simply amazing! Wonderful job there, Sue! It's so great!