Wednesday, May 02, 2007

IT SEEMS LIKE FOREVER...................


It seems like forever since I have blogged but there is an incredible reason why!I am back to work - 4 hours, 3 times a week!! Can I say YIPPEEEEEEE!!!! For those of you who do not know - I have been having a silent migraine with vertigo for over a year and have been unable to walk across a room without falling. I have tried to stay strong and finally found the right combo of medications and vestibular exercises that allow me to start back to my beloved nursing job!! I have knitted constantly through the last year and it has been my saving grace- when all else failed I had gorgeous yarn and lovely needles to keep me sane. Even though our financial resources were strained, Hubby always took me to yarn stores and let me spend whatever I wanted. He would stand with the basket and say, "You need to get new yarn - find something you like and get to knitting!".
These are my new Fiber Trends Peak Experience Socks. Pattern #AC-49. Made on size 1 needles with Regia Cotton Surf sock yarn, these were a breeze to knit up and have family and friends begging for them for Christmas. I will definitely use this pattern again and again! Sue

10 comments:

April said...

congrats on getting back to work! I know how much you missed it!

(and your socks are lovely)

Zonda said...

Yay! Glad to hear you're back at work! Nice socks too!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that I got my cast off! Geez!

Carol said...

Glad to hear your feeling better. My husband has "visual" migraines and it is a bit scary. Love the socks and the pattern is a must do.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're back to work! It must feel so good.

Busymom51 said...

SO, SO, SO glad to hear that you are back at work. You must be so happy to finally be on the road to full recovery. I hope that means we can see you at knitting again!!!! We've missed you!
Mary Ann

Carina said...

Yay, yay, yay! I'm soooo glad you're back to work and happy. That's the best news I've heard in awhile. Yay!!!

Batty said...

I miss you, but I'm also so, so happy you're working again. You sound much happier already. Keep knitting, though -- those are some seriously beautiful socks. Methinks I have to look up that pattern.

Annie said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I can sympathize. And those socks are beautiful!

sherriknits said...

Your socks are beautiful! I'm sorry you have been having a hard time but glad to hear you have found an answer to it. Keep that man! He sounds like my hubby. :)