Wednesday, October 25, 2006

SPARTAN PULLOVER


Hubby has a new sweater!! This is the Spartan Pullover from the Fall 2006 Interweave Knits. A great pattern, easy knit, with easy to follow instructions.



I just had to try Knit Picks Swish Superwash yarn - so I put it to work on this pattern. A soft 100% superwash wool that feels just great! This sweater is done in Coast Grey with a lighter color for the Fair Isle portion. This yarn is a wonderful yarn to work with except for one problem: It is unforgiving. You can see every tension change and small glitch in your knitting.

Hubby is excited to have another new sweater but really loves my Kangaroo Pouch sweater - Maybe he can have one for Christmas.........stay tuned!

5 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

It looks great! Did the blocking of it help the problem you mentioned with showing the tension issues?

Triona said...

Wow, if that yarn shows every problem or glitch then you are a fantastic knitter, cause I don't see any problems in the close-up picture! Great job!

Fidget said...

Awesome! Your color changes always look so great. How do you *do* that? I always pull mine too tight.

Zonda said...

That is so nice! It looks so soft!! Great work there! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok,I checked your whole site and not even a clue to what I'm getting for christmas...please no monkey's
Your little sister
Julie