Friday, October 20, 2006

THE MORE I KNIT .............



I am trying desperately to finish 2 sweaters and the more that I knit them - the more there seems to be to knit. I keep thinking that I am getting closer to the finish when it seems that I just have soooooo much more yarn and pattern to complete.
Hubby's sweater's last sleeve just seems to go on and on and on and the latest baby Dale of Norway sweater is on size one needles.......I don't have to say any more do I?
So today you get YARN!! I found the top yarn at a cute little store in Vermont and it is anxiously awaiting the needles. Supersoft merino sock yarn.....MMMMMMMM.......I want to start them so badly that I swear the yarn gets closer and closer to my favorite knitting space everyday - Is it magic or am I just petting it too much? OOOOOH how I want to start these socks!
The yarn below is a Lambs Pride Yarn that is going to become a Christmas present! The color is Peacock Blue and there will be more pics after December 25.

All of my longing to finish projects had to take a break this week because I finally broke down and bought Mason Dixon Knitting. I just had to make a dishcloth!
All this angst because I promised myself not to have more than 3 projects on the needles at one time! I must curb my enthusiasm and be just a little more sensible - BAH..I think I'll start the socks!

5 comments:

Abigale said...

Ooooh - I love that Peacock Blue Lambs Pride. I know how you feel about wanting to be done with your current projects right now...

Usually when I feel that way I force myself to sit and knit on a project with a movie in the background, I don't even know how it happens, but when I look up again - I'm almost done. You'll get there!

Annie said...

I. Love. That. Yarn.
God, what gorgeous colors!!

Carina said...

Start the socks. You always need a sock project going. It's like how we always need crackers in the house. ;-)

Busymom51 said...

I know what you mean about knitting and knitting and never seeing it get bigger. It means you are in... dun-dun-dun...the knitting black hole (*cue spooky music*) The only remedy...coming to Tuesday Night knitting group and talking and laughing so much you don't notice you are actually making progress!
Mary Ann

P.S. The yarn is GOR-geous!

Anonymous said...

I think it's quite practical to have more than 3 projects going at once ... one for a tote bag; one where you watch TV; one that you have to concentrate on; one that you can knit mindlessly.

And some spares in the tote bag.