Monday, November 12, 2007

I'VE BEEN A BAD, BAD BLOGGER

Between working full time and my camera battery being on the fritz, I have been a bad, bad blogger. Part of the excitement of finishing a project is posting it on my blog! But alas, I have fallen behind and although I take most of the blame - my wonderful Kodak camera battery is far more the culprit of my lack of blogging!
I have gone absolutely crazy with the book, Favorite Socks from Interweave! These are the Flame Socks in Cascade Fixation - I just love them


Diagonal Cross-Rib Socks are also added to the list of my favorite socks from this book. I used Reynolds Signature DK yarn (It is starting to get frosty here in the mountains of NH and I was looking for some comfy warmth for snowshoeing this winter). Size 3 needles. A wonderful twist to the pattern - a left sock and a right sock! The pattern changes on the second sock so the cross-ribs go to left instead of the right! It made for an interesting knit!



An old favorite from Knitty - Thuja socks on size 2 needles from Knitpicks Felicia yarn. A Christmas present for someone who needs a little color in her life. She is one of those people who wears tan and black all the time and I am always teasing her that she would be much happier if she would just wear brighter colors! Of course, I am a jeans gal with lots of bright sweaters and shirts - purple and pink are my favorite colors to wear and you should see how bright my nursing scrubs are! They can see me coming a mile away (HEEHEE)










I found a new yarn that I just had to try- Sirdar Snuggly Fair Isle DK yarn. A simple summer baby sweater with short sleeves and a hood - it is much cuter than the picture and a chubby little baby inside it would just make this perfect! Soooooo soft! It goes right to the grandbaby trousseau.
It made me realize that I would rather knit true fair isle - I could have more control over the color pattern but it was worth a shot.
I promise to be a better blogger and hopefully my new camera battery will last more than two minutes now! TATA for now!

5 comments:

Carol said...

I am also bad lately. I need to get moving again on my blog. I just love your socks...you mentioned snow shoeing and I have to tell you that is one of the things hubby and I are looking forward to doing when we come home. We bought new snow shoes while in Maine and then moved to Vegas before using them. We still have them and will put them to use next year....

turtlegirl76 said...

Yay! You're back! ((hug)) glad to see you back in action. =)

Love the socks!

Batty said...

Those are lovely socks! I have the book and can't wait to start knitting from it. And, odd as this sounds, I'm utterly delighted to see you're working full time and too busy to post. I'm so very, very happy for you.

Busymom51 said...

I too have been bad...have been having some issues with severe pain in my left forearm and elbow which makes computer work and knitting a short term deal each day. The camera battery issue is one I dealt with a while ago too...found out I was frying it by leaving it plugged into the charger too long. Who woulda thunk it?

Glad to hear you are doing well and still cranking out the knitting stuff. See you soon? (I sure hope so!)
Mary Ann

Annie said...

I've been bad lately too. Loving the socks though!