Tuesday, August 28, 2007

TEENY TINY CABLES........



Teeny tiny itsy-bitsy cables on size 1 needles! Wow - what more can Dale of Norway ask of me? I seriously thought that the 8 3/4 inches of seed stitch were bad but these cables need a magnifying glass to be knit! My hands are aching after just 4" of cable work but this is a very special sweater for a very special little girl (when the sweater is finished, I will tell the whole story!). I am just finishing up the yoke of the sweater and will start the sleeves this afternoon - more seed stitch! This will definitely be a one of a kind sweater in the grandbaby trousseau!




Simple knitting to break up the teeny tiny boredom - size 9 needles with Sirdar Confetti yarn. This yarn usually sells for nine dollars a skein but I scored 6 skeins on Ebay for $3.99! I have always had a plan for a baby blanket out of this yarn but could never justify the cost - YAHOO!




Summer is coming to an end quickly here in the mountains of New Hampshire. The temperature was 48 degrees when I got up at 5:30 this morning. The flowers are all in full bloom by the side door to the house and it is just gorgeous! Impatients, Dusty Miller, and Coleus make for gorgeous pots every year.
This past weekend, hubby and I dug up the back yard to reseed the lawn and we built a patio for the grill. Hubby is the "GRILLMASTER OF THE UNIVERSE" and needed a less muddy place to work. His birthday is Friday and I am out to find the smoker of his dreams this morning. I think he watches a little too much Food Network during the summer and has visions of smoking whole bison! But if that is what he wants for his birthday - that is what he will get! When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner, he replied "I want to have a big BBQ!. He made me a list of meats that he wants - I think we should invite a small country to help us devour this meal! All joking aside, he is a really good cook when it comes to grilling! Oh YUM!

4 comments:

Zonda said...

Oh Wow! Size 1 needles and cables! Yikes! Looks good though! :) Great score on that yarn too! Pretty flowers! That BBQ sounds good!

Carol said...

I think your flowers are gorgeous. I so miss the fall back in New England. Sept and Oct, the smell of fall.....
Your cables are so nice....can't wait to see the finished project.

Batty said...

Wonderful cables, but oh, the needles are tiny!

Annie said...

Isn't the cooler weather nice?! I can't believe how small those cables must be. Next time you post a photo of them, can you include a dime, or something for scale? The mind boggles!