Sunday, December 10, 2006

SOCKS AND A HAT....



It is such a busy time of year but knitting will not take a back seat this year. I am furiously trying to finish up several very complicated Christmas knits. But here are 2 that I can post - the folks who will be receiving these knitted goodies don't even own a computer -Can you imagine that? Above is a Dale of Norway fair isle hat - Dalegarn NR 130. Made from Heilo yarn on size 3 needles, this is the hardest fair isle yet!


Another pair of Thuja socks done!! This Knitty pattern is just wonderful and is one of my favorite car knits - the pattern is so simple that it is difficult to make a mistake and it is easy to see where you are in the pattern repeats. Moda Dea Sassy Stripe Yarn on size 3 needles - Another pair of tootsies will stay nice and warm this year!

5 comments:

Zonda said...

Love the hat! I love that sock pattern too! I'm about to start another pair using it!

Anonymous said...

Beautuful!

Carina said...

That hat is gorgeous!

Annie said...

WOW! That hat is incredible!! Love the socks, too!

Busymom51 said...

OMG, Sue! Those are SOOOOOOOOOO gorgeous. I hope the recipients will treasure them forever. It was such a great treat to see you at knitting last night... the first of many return visits I hope!!!!! ...and thank you again for my birthday/christmas present. I LOVE them and they do match my knitting needles perfectly.
Love,
Mary Ann